Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Little Bit of Me Time

As I am writing this blog post, I'm sitting in my bed with my hair pulled up, wearing a headband to keep back the fly-aways and a white, cleansing mask on my face. Yes, I look like one of those girls you see on tv. I'm enjoying some relaxation time. Last night, my mom and I stayed up until 4 in the morning to book our plane tickets to VA. We were trying to score the best deals and it became a never-ending cycle of website page timeouts to price increases to bad schedules. It's waaaaay hard trying to search for the best deals! We went from site to site and made a few calls to the companies...even though it was late! I was on the verge of tears!!! We were both tired and needed to get up at 8 to go to church. We finally fell into bed and I woke up a few hours later to muster up the energy to volunteer in the nursery (and I was not going to miss my baby time for nuthin'!!!).

Church was fun and I held some big babies. One of the other workers noted that the baby made me look even smaller! Alex and I went to lunch with a big group from church. It was kind of a send-off for me, another guy who's leaving for school, and one of our friends who left for New Zealand later on in the day. (And just a side note about lunch...I started cracking up after telling a joke. No one else laughed at the joke, but they laughed at me laughing at my joke. Story of my life.). After lunch, we went to Walmart to get some blow-dry hair straightening stuff for me to try (I'll let you know how it goes). I ended up falling asleep for 2 hours after we got home and woke up to eat some leftovers. The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent watching tv and re-booking flights (yep, we re-booked them. Luckily, it only took us a few hours and we ended up with a better itinerary).

And now, I'm sitting quietly, typing out this blog post. And it feels good. I'm gonna take care of some emails and look up my school books before falling asleep. And, oh yeah, I gotta wash the cleansing mask off of my face. A girl's job is never done :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you reminded me that i need to do my mask! thanx!

also, there was this one time that i put on a mask after an extremely HOT shower and layed down in bed with my music and computer. i was so relaxed that it took all the energy i had to get out of bed and wash that mask off.

i hope that your move goes as you planned!

p.s. did you look on amazon for your books? they have the best deals.

Juana said...

Noelle,

Thanks for your comments!! :) Haha, the mask instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes...and I usually leave it on for AT LEAST 30 minutes. I get too relaxed!

Thanks! I'm hoping for a smooth transition. I'm nervous as heck, but I'm ready :)

I always order my books from Amazon. They're pretty cheap compared to every where else. Either that or I find them at the library. I've saved at least $200 by checking some of them out at the library!

Anonymous said...

that is ture about the library. but usually only do extra texts at the library because i love underlining and highlighting. for my main texts, i have to have my own.

are you moving on campus or near by?

Juana said...

I'll be moving right on campus! I'm so excited!

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.