Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Journaling of the Virginia Trip (Pt 1)

So I've decided that because I have so much that I want to blog about on my move to VA, I will write several separate blog posts on each day so far. That way the information will be easier to digest and easier for me to process. Here goes!!!

Day 1 (Monday)

Today is the day that I would be leaving for VA. It was bittersweet waking up for the last time in my own bed. I cried a little. I had imagined this day for a long time and my emotions were on a rollercoaster ride. I wouldn't be seeing my family for another 4 months, so it was hard. I finished up my packing, ran errands with my mom, and completed some tasks for my neighbor. Later on, I showered and ate and ran back up to my neighbor's house to say goodbye. I cried again. Before we left for the airport, my mom, dad, sister, and I stood in the family room, held hands, and prayed. It was a really special moment :) My family and I then drove to my aunt's house to drop off my sister who would be staying at their house to babysit my cousins. It was hard saying goodbye to my wonderful little sister...I love her so much! Then, off we were to the airport! Saying goodbye to my dad was hard too! There wasn't any traffic and we had no problems checking our bags (even though I overpacked) or going through security. My mom and I sat for about 45 minutes before they let us board. We were a little worried that we wouldn't be able to sit together because our seating arrangement had us in different spots. But a young guy who was sitting next to me switched spots and gave my mom his seat :) Praise God! The flight was boring...no movies or food...so we just slept. We woke a few hours later, just as we were getting ready to land for our layover in Texas.

Family photo!


Another family pic...girl, Alex, you look crazy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet pictures!

Juana said...

Thanks! :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.