Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Journaling of the Virginia Trip (Pt 2)

Day 2 (Tuesday)

We landed in Texas for our 3 hour layover around 5 in the morning. We were TIRED!! We walked around looking for something to eat. Then, we talked to Alex on the phone, even though it was about 3 in the morning her time. Mommy and I ate at McDonalds once it opened up and enjoyed some coffee and egg mcmuffins. We got seats near the windows to watch the scenery and the plane runway. It was nice :) As tired as we were, we just stayed awake (mostly from the coffee) and boarded the next flight to VA. This flight wasn't as long as the previous one and we were able to sit together again. Thank God, no one was assigned to the seat next to us, so we were able to spread across all of the seats. Both mommy and I were able to sleep better that way. A few hours later, the plane landed in VA...I was in my new home! We trekked across the airport to the baggage claim. My back was already sore from lugging around my big laptop bag, which I had stuffed as well. Then, I had my carry-on and huge checked bag. We finally got in our rental car and after a mad search for the GPS system, we were on our way to the hotel. After arriving at the hotel, we decided it was too creepy and gross for our liking, so we switched to a better one. This one had a business center and was A LOT cleaner! Yay! We ended up eating at Chick-Fil-A for the first time and it was taaaasssssstttttyyy! Those cow mascots are so funny! Then, we shopped at Walmart for a few hours to get things I would need for my room. But we were still reallllly tired! Finally, we were able to get into bed and sleeeeep! We were to have an early morning moving into my new place ;)

Me looking slighty crazy during our second plane ride

Beautiful views

Crazy awesome bridge that goes out into the ocean and under the water

Sunrise view from the plane

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.