Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, August 9, 2010

Just a Week to Go

Well, in just a week, I'll be leaving for VA!! Wow. I've lived in CA for my entire life and I'm not quite sure how I will adjust to the east coast life, but I know that I'll have fun! I'm super excited to see what it holds :) And I'm sort of freaking out...yes. I am. But thanks to my supportive family and friends, plus those I know from VA, I don't think adjusting will be hard. I'll definitely be blogging about the trip, move, and other adventures!

In other news, I am doing an overnight babysitting gig plus my tutoring and label creating job probably up until Friday. I gotta earn those extra bucks! I also joined Amazon Student with Amazon.com...they have great perks like student deals, free 2-day shipping for a year, and email notifications. It's pretty cool! You can join at Amazon.com.

In hair news, I tried the hair straightening product that I mentioned in a previous blog post...aaaaaaannnnnd it did not work. I spent at least 3 hours painstakingly blow drying my hair only to have it frizz up and get poufy. And that's not the kind of volume I'm looking for. I'll keep searching for products that'll make my hair time go more smoothly. I'll keep you updated!!! Blessings!

3 comments:

MissWoodhouse said...

How exciting! And don't worry, there are tons of people over here on the East Coast ready to help you make it "home." :) Blessings! -Emma

Anonymous said...

well, maybe we can meet when i move over next year! have you tried the new pro-v curly to straight products? i have not, but i do use their curly hair system. if you try it, tell me how you like it.

i never try to straighten my hair in the summer because of the humidity. once, i spent almost two hours trying to straighten only to have it puff up in all directions!

by the way, the east coast rocks!

Juana said...

@ MissWoodhouse - Thank you!! I'm really excited!

@ Noelle - Awesome! So you'll be moving on campus too?!

I haven't tried those products! Maybe I'll give them a shot. Yeah, my hair was super puffy from the heat! Lol, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it in the humidity.

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.