Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Last Leg of My VA Move (Pts 5, 6, & 7)

Days 5, 6, & 7 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)

Friday was a fun day. Momma and I slept in for a good while and skipped a few of the orientation classes that were geared toward Freshmen. Then, we raced over to Regent in time for lunch (which I missed anyways) and for the rest of the team challenge. We worked really hard on the float and were convinced we were going to place. And....we did not. Haha, so much for our confidence. But we did have fun getting to know each other. Momma did more shopping for me (thanks mommy, I love you!!!). That way we could spend time together on Saturday.

Saturday was really fun! It was also bittersweet because it was the day that mommy was leaving for CA. Regent held a beach day for the new students and momma wanted to see what the beach looked like (on the east coast that is). We drove down to the beach in the rental car. Momma and I spent a good while trying to find a parking spot and we ended up getting a good one. But then, we saw a cop pull up and we (I mean me) got scared. So we asked him if we were parked alright. Then we were good to go! The beach was awwwwwwesome! The sand was hot and the water was warm. We laid out our towels and sat in the sand. We were both sad that momma would be leaving in a bit. I walked around, got my toes wet, and enjoyed a few snacks. We were enlisted to build a sandcastle, but I left in the middle to walk momma to her car. We were both crying. I was sad. She was sad. Yes, crying! We hugged a million times and kissed each other, while saying our goodbyes. Then, off she drove back to the airport. The walk back to the beach was filled with loneliness and tears. I tried to enjoy the rest of my time at the beach by eating popsicles and meeting new people. Back at the dorms, I finished unpacking, showered, and ate dinner. I walked a little ways to the Common's pond and blogged for a bit. End of a bittersweet say.

Now, Sunday, it was a rainy day. So rainy, that I wasn't sure if I should walk to chapel. But I did...because I have a huge pink umbrella! Plus, I didn't want to miss the first chapel of the school year. And it was a great thing! I really enjoyed. Praising God?! Amazing! :) I spent the rest of the day meeting my roommates and having hall meetings with my awesome RA, Christen! My week of moving in was complete...Monday would start the new school year. I'm ready!!!


Enjoying my school

Our float


My group

Awesome fountain

Courtyard


Enjoying the fountain

Momma and me and the beach :)

VA Beach

Pretty ladies on the beach!

The pond at sunset

My view through the trees :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, love the pics! You look like you're having tons of fun.

Juana said...

Thanks, Noelle!

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.