Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Journaling of the Virginia Trip (Pt 4)

Day 4 (Thursday)

So after the hubbub of move-in day and all that craziness, it was time for orientation. My mom and I had gotten to bed late and had to wake up early, so we were both out of it and ready to go back to sleep. But I was excited to actually really see the campus since I hadn't the day before. We went to chapel, a few safety classes, and classes about the writing center. After the classes, we had to walk from the Communications building to the library. It's not a long walk, but it had started raining and I did not have an umbrella. So, I toughed it out and walked through the rain. My hair ended up holding it's curl and style...all I needed was a few spritzes of hairspray (and, yes, I do carry hairspray in my purse) and I was all good, although my clothes were wet. Lunch was fun; I met back up with momma. We actually found each other in the bathroom where I was drying off from being in the rain. We ate and talked and had a few more orientation classes. After orientation, momma and I went shopping for food. I ended up missing the pizza party that Regent held, but I had Taco Bell. Later on, we had team activities in which we had to create a float designed around the school. I met a lot of great people! We laughed a lot and it was a fun way to end the day.

The Library Atrium

Me outside of the Comm building

Momma outside of the Comm building

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

id choose Taco Bell over pizza any day. it is the only fast food without all the greese (and subway!).

hair spray in the purse is a great idea! i will have to start doing that.

Juana said...

I love pizza! But Taco Bell is good too! Love their new meal deals!

Yeah, hairspray is a handy tool to carry! You never know when you might need it!

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.