Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Control Issues

Ok...I am NOT a control freak!!! Seriously, I'm not. But I do like to think that I have a handle on situations. I feel like being everywhere, all at once, i.e. spreading myself too thin, will help me gain control over every area of my life. And I only recently realized that is the reason why I dealt with OCD. By performing those rituals, I was trying to control things that I can't control. Thank God that He delievered me of that illness.

Now that I'm moving across the country for school, I'm starting to feel like I am losing control of the constant factors in my life. I won't be able to be in the car while my sister drives around or go help my mom at work or watch over my house. I feel like everything will collapse if I'm not there to hold things together. Then I realized that I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO!!!!! God takes care of those things for me. HE has control! Once I realized this, I was able to let go of those control issues. God's will will be done.

Two of my friends provided me with these scriptures after praying for me because they knew I was in need of comfort and peace (Thanks Joe and Jennifer!!!)

Philipians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

and

Matthew 6:25-34 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I can't be anxious about anything! I once heard a saying: "If you're praying, you are not worrying, but if you are worrying, you are not praying". Dang. That's good, huh? And very true. So I can't be worrying all the time! Buh-bye control issues!!! I give all my cares to you, Lord! Many blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.