Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Woes of the DMV

The woes of the DMV. I experience them even when I'm not at the DMV for myself. My sister, mom, and I were at the DMV today so that Alex could take her permit test. We arrived at the DMV even earlier than the appointment was set so that we could get out of there quicker. We were ushered by a flirting security guard (no really, we were) to the appointment line. It was nice to be out of the heat and in air conditioning. That is where our absence of DMV woes stopped. We found out that Alex couldn't apply for her permit without having her official birth certificate present, which we had left at home. After a few minutes of anger and semi-yelling, we decided to drive back home and get the certificate so Alex could take her test today. We were frustrated and hot and bothered by the 107 degree heat. When we got back to the DMV, I flagged down the flirting security guard this time to make sure that we were in the right line and he tried to tell us that we missed our appointment so we had to wait in line or go back home. (Really, guy? If your gonna flirt with me, don't be negative about our appointment). We then asked the woman at the appointment desk if Alex could take her test today since we had the certificate and she said "Of course!!". Luckily, she had remembered us from earlier. Finally, admist the tight crowd and confusing lines, we had accomplished what we had set out to do there. So, I'm standing in line, texting in my blog post via BloggerMobile because I don’t know what else to do. Good luck to my sister on her permit test! 1...2...3...SMILE for the i.d picture! Many Blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.