Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th

This 4th of July was amazing! We went to church in the morning and I later went to Starbucks to get a Lemonade Passion Tea to beat the heat. When headed home to grab the stuff we needed for a 4th party later on. I ended up taking a nap on the floor in my room. I jumped up a little while later after remembering I had a party to go to.

The party was fun! We ate huge hamburgers and lots of chip and dip and danced! After the party, we headed to the fairgrounds to watch the fireworks show. I absolutely love fireworks, so I was pretty excited. We had to park about a half a mile from the show and we walked as the show started. We could see the fireworks in the sky, but as soon as we arrived the show had ended. We were all pretty bummed that we had missed the show up close. But as we were driving back home, my sister realized that another venue's firework show was starting so we parked and watched it. It was amazing! I love the rumbling, sparking fireworks! It makes me feel so patriotic and wonderful! My D.L.F ended up spending the night, so I knew I was in for a crazy next day!

My D.L.F and I got up and starting swimming before noon. We spent pretty much the whole day in the pool, lounging and splashing. Alex joined us after a little while and we had lots of fun in the pool. Later on, my eyes burned from the chlorine, but we ate dinner and my mom and I walked to Cold Stone to get my birthday ice cream. And I am so tan from being outside all day :) Overall, it was a fun day! I love summertime! Blessings!

Alex and me being silly at the fairgrounds

Silly girls!

Awesome fireworks :)

2 comments:

Kat Robertson said...

This was the first year in a while that we haven't done fireworks. My husband had to work the night before and the night of the 4th so he had to rest all day. I'm glad you guys had fun!! I wish I had a pool... I'm white as a sheet. haha I definitely could use a tan LOL :)

Kat @ For the Love of Chaos

Juana said...

For the past two years, we really didn't do any fireworks, so I was excited to go all out this year at the fair :) I love fireworks! Hehe, I love getting a tan and I am suuuuuper tan right now! You just gotta stay out in the sun for a while...even sun bathing on the porch works :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.