Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Less Than a Month Now...

I'll be moving to VA to attend school in less than a month. I am so excited! And nervous. It feels like I'm being pushed into the deep end of a pool without knowing how to swim. I think that my move to VA is a big test from God. I know it is His will for me to go and He wants to make sure that I am trusting Him through it all. Christen Allocco recently sent out a blogger email asking us to write about what God has been doing in our lives this summer. Well, He's taught me that I can survive on my own. Even though I loooooove my family so much and love being with them, I can be independent and not be afraid to be away from them. He's shown me that I only need to trust Him to take care of things in my life that cause me sadness and worry. He's got my back!!! :) God has also brought me friends that I've connected with online before the move, so I know I've got a great support system before I even move! See? My God is a great God :)

So, as scared as I am, I know God is there to catch me when I jump into the deep end of that scary pool they call life :)

In other news, Alex got her driver's license...I'm working as a tutor, swim instructor, and label designer...I finally got my new bathing suit...aaaaaaannnnnnnddd...that's about it. Blessings!

(And here's a shout out to a Miss Sabrina Holloway!!! She gave me wonderful comments about my blog and has been a good friend through email correspondence, so I thought I'd say "What up!!!" to her in my post! I can't wait to meet you!)

3 comments:

lindsey said...

I am so excited for you, Juana! I know that moving to VA is a big step, but I am so proud that you are jumping into this with such a positive attitude! God is going to do great things for you!! I am so excited to see how everything unfolds. :o)

Sabrina said...

awww....thanks for the shout out! ur the best :) And ur right God's got ur back girl, no worries.

Juana said...

@Lindsey - Thank you for your encouraging words! As the day moves closer, I get more nervous, but I can hear God louder too, saying, "I am with you!" Many blessings to you!

@Sabrina - You're welcome! I think shout-outs are fun :) Thanks for reading my blog and giving me words of encouragement! Blessings!

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.