Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

**A Quote to Ponder**

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

I saw this quote on the internet and was immediately drawn to it because...of course...Marilyn Monroe said it. But it also caught my attention because it is very TRUE. This quote can be used almost as a friendship/significant other "sifter". If someone runs away and doesn't stick by us when things get tough, why should they be around us when things are going okay? Well, frankly, they shouldn't. A test of true love happens with the stuff hits the fan. And we are all sinners, we all make mistakes, but if we can't love people for their imperfections, as well as their good traits, then we aren't being a true servant of the Lord. Jesus hung around with liars, cheaters, murderers, the self-righteous, and prostitutes because He was showing them God's unconditional love. If Jesus wasn't around them when they were at their worst, then why should they trust Him to lead them to their best? I think that Jesus realized this. Only when He reached them when they were down, could He help them reach their best potential :) I'm glad that God sticks around me allllll the time, good times and bad. Blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.