Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, July 26, 2010

INCEPTION

My mom and I went to see Inception on Sunday afternoon. We are big on dreams...my sister, mom, and I wake up most mornings telling each other about wacky dreams that we've had. I've even experienced dreaming I was in a certain place and years later, I'll be at the place I was in my dream. I think that God also speaks to me through my dreams...my dreams often actually play out somehow in real life. My mom and I also like to interpret our dreams...it's quite interesting. So, even though we really didn't know what Inception was about, we went to see it anyways...and it was AMAZING!

Here, let me give you a quick plot overview just in case you haven't seen it: It takes place in a time where people have the ability to enter the dreams of others in order to extract important information because our minds are most vulnerable when we are sleeping. The main character, Cobb, played by Leo DiCaprio, is like the leader of his "dream group". He is hired by a man to plant an idea in someone's mind while they are sleeping...the problem is that Cobb is used to taking information from people, not planting them. Planting the idea takes a lot more skill and involvement because it involves making the person believe that they came up with the idea themselves. See? It's complicated. Well, Cobb constructs his team...Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (hotttaaaay), and Tom Hardy (another hottttaaaaay), among others...and they enter the mind of their subject, played by the Cillian Murphy (yes, another hotttttaaay). Thus, begins the wild whirlwind of dreams.

I liked the movie because it keeps you on the edge of your seat. You'll spend the movie trying to figure it out, only to find that whatever answer you came up with is probably wrong. It's exciting and pushes you into the unknown. It has a lot of action and interesting points about dreams. Make sure you pay ATTENTION!!! Or else you probably won't understand the ending...trust me, I paid attention and it was still confusing at times. The aspect of the movie that I liked the most is that it'll have you thinking about it and talking about it for DAYS! I definitely came up with my own theories. I recommend this movie if you're into psychological thrillers plus action :) Go see it!

For those that have seen it, what did you think of it? Any theories on the movie and the ending?


No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.