Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, April 9, 2010

How to Make a Yummy Cup of Chai Tea (Without Spending $4 for it at the Cafes)

Ok, I'll admit it...I enjoy a good cup of coffee or tea from Starbucks or The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. But I HATE, absolutely HATE spending my hard earned cash on the tiniest cup. So I've learned to make great tasting drinks at home so I can enjoy my coffee/tea without spending too much money. (Then when I do splurge at Starbucks or CB & T, I don't feel as bad). During the holidays, I bought peppermint hot cocoa from Walmart for about 5 dollars a tin (10 oz). I added about 2 tablespoons to my coffee to make peppermint mochas. Recently, I've been drinking tea (peppermint tea, chamomile, green tea), but the watery teas were becoming bland to me. So I picked up some chai tea at the store and added water to that, but it was still bland. So I created my own recipe that ended up tasting just like chai tea from the cafes. Here's my recipe:

1 tea bag of chai tea (I use Bigelow's Vanilla Chai)
8 oz. of milk (or enough to fill your mug)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Vanilla Extract
Sugar

Step 1: Heat the milk...I boil it in a saucepan.
Step 2: Once the milk is hot, turn down the heat and place the tea bag in the milk, stir.
Step 3: Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, and a drop of vanilla extract, stir.
Step 4: Stir well and pour into mug

Enjoy! Be warned that I like my tea sweet which is why I added sugar, plus the spices. It's yummmmmy! :) Blessings!

It's really yummy!

Seee?? It makes me smile! :)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.