Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

There are some times when I just want to get lost. Not lost in the sense of no direction or confusion, but lost in an adventure. It reminds me of Alice in Alice in Wonderland. She was in need of an adventure and got one when she fell down the rabbit hole in Wonderland. She encountered creatures and people that were so strange yet so relatable. I love going to the beach, laying in the sand, closing my eyes, listening to the waves, and dreaming. Then, I will walk on the beach and enjoy the amazing scenery. It's awesome! There are always new sights and sounds and people to look at...I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole. Walking in the snow, at the park, even laying upside down on the couch to see my living room in a new view feels like my rabbit hole. I just crave that sense of adventure and wildness that we don't always see. Carrying around a book of poems or literature with me is awesome. I can always "get lost" within its pages. Playing hide and seek with my dog is always fun because I imagine that she is a talking giant animal who I have to hide from. Who says that we can't play pretend after we've become adults? Who says that we can't imagine the impossible? Why shouldn't we?

What are your "falling down the rabbit hole" moments?

Blessings!

One of my many rabbit hole moments

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.