Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Shampoo Wars

I love beauty products...lip gloss, eye shadow, body wash, you name it! Recently, we got a sample of Garnier Fructis shampoo/conditioner in the mail. We've all seen those Garnier Fructis commercials with the very attractive group of young people running around pulling and messing with each other's also very attractive, smooth, shiny hair. So of course, I used the sample. I always use a lot of conditioner when I wash my hair so that it is easy to comb out afterwards. The Garnier sample only came with a little bit of conditioner so I was forced to comb tangles out of my hair after I finished washing it. I have been using Dove shampoo/conditioner for years now and I really like how my hair turns out everytime I wash it. It's smooth and easy to comb out and is hardly ever frizzy. The other day when my mom and I went shopping she bought big bottles of the Fructis and I tried it. Because I had an abundance of both the shampoo and conditioner this time, I was able to see if it really made a difference in my hair. Here are the results (on a scale form 1-10) as compared to the Dove brand.

Dove
Shininess - 6
De-Tangling - 9
Clean Feeling - 9
Smoothness - 7
Scent - 9

Fructis
Shininess - 9
De-Tangling - 7
Clean Feeling - 8
Smoothness - 9
Scent - 8

Though the Fructis scored higher, I'm still partial to Dove since I've been using it for so long. But I'm going to keep using Fructis so I can tell if I really do like the results better. I'll keep everyone updated on how the "Shampoo Wars" are faring! Blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.