Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Husband Check-List

"Single ladies, when looking for a husband, make sure you look for a leader and not a loser"

My pastor gave this great piece of advice during his sermon on Sunday. The sermon was on a "new and improved" marriage. During the sermon, he stopped and gave a checklist of sorts to measure potential boyfriends/husbands. The list really hit home and stuck with me because I've dealt with several, for lack of a better word, losers. These guys played with my heart, strung me along, and I fell for them. I'm really emotional and love love, so it's hard for me not to fall hard and fast. So I'm glad that I can use this checklist to quickly weed out guys who aren't really in it for the long haul. Here's the list:

1. Would he die for you?...Put himself at risk to save you?
2. Does he serve or want be served?
3. How does he treat people?...his mother, sisters, friends?
5. Does he expect to sleep with you before a commitment (marriage) has been made?
6. Is he asking for all of you without giving all of himself (who does he put first)?

I also think that the checklist works both ways...men should look for the same characteristics in their wives.

I know that God will bring me together with the man that He has chosen for me even before I was born :) He might not be perfect by the standards of the world, but he'll be perfect for me because he longs to please God. And he will defintiely pass the husband checklist! I pray the same for all who read this! Blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.