Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Most Amazing Rainy Days

Last week, the VA Beach area was expecting a lot of rain. And boy, we weren't disappointed. It POURED. And I loved every minute of it. Let's see...the rain started on...Monday. I went to the library because it wasn't raining too badly. But when it was time to leave, I tried to dodge raindrops because I had my laptop and iPod with me. Trying to juggle several books, bags, and umbrella while attempting to stay dry is NOT an east task. However, I managed to return to my room mostly dry. I had class on Tuesday, so my friend drove me over since we have class around the same time. The rain continued to pour while I was in class, then I walked back to my room afterwards since the rain let up a little. Yet, I enjoyed the rain, thunder, and lightening. It was so relaxing and quiet around. I mean...quiet when I wanted it to be :) I did my homework and enjoyed my time indoors. On Wednesday, I took advantage of the rain and lack of homework to bake cookies and brownies for the girls in my hall. It was so fun! …And yummy :) My friend Abby and I stayed in to finish up homework and eat ice cream. Now, Thursday. I was really looking forward to Thursday. My friend Brittany was coming into town, UnChapel was that night, and game night was that night too. But the rain came down like no tomorrow. Again, my friend drove me to class and another friend drove me back, so I was able to avoid walking back in the Noah's ark type flood rain puddles. But while we were in class, the rain sounded beautiful even though it was literally pouring and pounding. I walked to the library later on once the rain let up so I could meet my friend and I assumed that the rain was pretty much over with. I assumed wrong. As my friends and I walked over to game night, we dodged huge puddles and tried to stay dry. (I had forgotten my big pink umbrella, but Abby let me use hers...thanks girl!). We enjoyed game time and dance club, but when it was time to walk back, the rain had started back up again. My friend Stephen walked with me and helped me through the puddles. Such an intense rain period! But I really did enjoy the peacefulness that the rain brought. Everyone stayed indoors and hung out together...amazing college life :) Blessings!

View from my classroom

Flooding

More rain!

View from my window :)

I love it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had tons of rain too. It was so great! I'm glad that you enjoyed it too!!

Juana said...

I really really enjoyed the rain! It was amazing!

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.