Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, October 1, 2010

Dancing All Around!!!

Dancing is one of my passions! I'm not a professional ballerina, trained modern dancer, or even a cool hip hop stepper. But I LOVE to dance! I have really awesome rhythm and can catch on pretty quickly to any dances I'm learning. I've taken ballet and musical theater dance classes and I am ALWAYS dancing in the kitchen. Any chance that I have to dance, I’ll take it. I heart going to dances and dance parties/clubs (mind you, the good kind...not the creepy kind). I always wanted to learn ballroom dances and I got the chance a few years ago when a friend offered to teach me. My sister and I learned the waltz, tango, swing, fox trot, and cha cha. It was awesome! I had been getting emails about Regent's ballroom dance class for a while now and was super excited to have the opportunity to take them once I moved on campus. And I am enjoying it tremendously! We are learning the Latin dances right now...cha cha, samba, rumba, and meringue. Oh my goodness, do I have fun! Even if I don't know the moves right away, I just go with the flow and try to at least look good. And a shout out to my new friends, Jeremy and Will, who are in dance class with me! Such great dancers! On Thursday night, usually after UnChapel, the dance students and others who like to dance meet up to have a dance club. I was able to go for the first time last night and it was AMMMMMAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNGGG! :) I had an awesome time! I got to dance with new partners, learn new moves, and dance my favorite dances! I definitely suggest taking at least one dance class in your life! Dance is a great way to express yourself :) Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juana! You are a great dancer! KEEP IT UP!!! Seriously.

And keep blogging.....!!!!

Juana said...

Thank you, Jeremy! I really enjoy dancing! It is an amazing outlet for me! And you are an amazing dancer to!

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.