Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Girl's Night Out!

Yesterday, Alex and I, plus two lovely ladies who also work in the church nursery, went out to dinner. As Leilani says, "We all see each other on Sunday, pass each other in the nursery....then later ask, 'What's her name again?" We want to establish friendships on a Godly foundation. So after a few weeks of trying to plan a day to get together, we finally met up :) We met at BJ's around 6:30 and, needless to say, I was super excited! While we waited for a table (40 minutes was the wait time we were told), we chatted it up about our weeks, how our day was, future plans, and families. Then (the wait was only about 15 minutes), we sat at the table and figured out what we were going to eat. I ordered a Turkey Cobb Sandwich with avocado and sans the bleu cheese dressing :) And I also had about 4 glasses of strawberry lemonade...and yes I had to use the restroom a lot because of that. We ate and talked and ate and talked and ate and talked! It was so much fun! I loved getting to know Leilani and Kallie more! And I loved spending time with my sister :) After dinner, Alex, Leilani, and I decided to get coffee at CB&TL (I ordered a Cafe Caramel...DELICIOUS!). We sat for a good hour and talked some more. Among the topics discussed were stalking…*ahem*…I mean hanging out with cute guys in military uniforms, our fear of frogs, disciplining children, buying houses, and what it means to live life with God first. We finally parted ways around 9:45 p.m. and headed to our homes. And because I had coffee as my dessert, I took Alex to the store to buy candy :) Then, we belted out Prince's Kiss in the car on the way home. When we got to the parts of the song we didn't know, we just screamed random lyrics and, oddly enough, we sounded like we were singing :) We danced in the car as we drove closer to home. It was definitely a fuuuuuun night! I'd love to do it again! Blessings!
Though I didn't wear this on the girl's night out, it is one of my many party looks ;)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.