Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Juana Lopez sets in church with my children:) to love " M, J, and new P ". Hollla for my children!

I got the idea for this blog post from one of those big "Bathroom Readers" that you find at Walmart or Costco. The instructions are to type a sentence into an online language translator, first in English, then translate it into another language (and to make it more fun, into one or two more other languages), then back into English. It's hilarious to see how the sentence changes once it is filtered through each language. I decided to use random statements that I encounter each day. Here are some that I translated...I used Free Translation.

Original (My latest Facebook status update)
Juana Lopez is sitting in church with my babies :) Love "M, J, and new P". Hollla for my babies!

Translation (English > French > Russian > English)
Juana Lopez sets in church with my children :) to love " M, J, and new P ". Hollla for my children!

Original (A friend's Facebook status update - I borrowed Christen Allocco's...Thanks, Christen!)
Christen Allocco Heading out for the coolest wedding of the century.

Translation (English > Italian > Spanish > English)
The the title of Allocco was for the marriage the most fresh one of the century.

Original (A random sentence that you say during the day)
I need to use the bathroom.

Translation (English > Arabic > Spanish > English)
It is necessary to utilize the bathroom.

Original (Your favorite quote from a movie - Mine is from The Dark Knight)
"Never start with the head, the victim gets all fuzzy"

Translation (English > Finnish > English)
"It is never a start, which is the head, not a victim of all fuzzy"


Original (Your favorite quote from a song - From Lady Gaga's Bad Romance)
"I want your love and I want your revenge. You and me could write a bad romance."

Translation (English > Turkish > English)
"I love you and I am in revenge on me to write bad love for you."

The results are so funny! Play around and make your own hilarious translations! Comment and let me know how they turned out! :) Blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.