Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, June 22, 2009

More pieces of my poem


Here is another excerpt from my poem:
As called by name above, Light enters,
And shines as only Truth and Love can.
He brings my heart up through His glory and splendor,
Protects me, guards me close with loving hands.
He calls His angels near to stand their ground,
Their radiant wings will stop and shield the terror.
They shout to Darkness with a thunderous sound,
The Creature cruelly scowls upon seeing his error.

My breath has come back
And the shackles break.
God’s angels stand ready to attack.
The demons quiver; I can see them shake.
The Lord lifts me up onto my feet,
I lean against His shoulder,
With Him I feel fine and complete,
A fiery furnace I could smolder.

I really enjoyed writing my poem and I hope that you enjoyed reading it. It was inspired by a dream that I had and I turned it into a poem for my Brit Lit class. I find it relevant to living in the times that we are.
Have a blessed day! :)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.