Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Why Is It So Hard For Me to Relax??

When I initially started writing this blog post, I was making my usual (and favorite) cup of hot English tea and making my breakfast (strawberry toaster strudel & leftover manwich). I was off work today after having a full week of work and overtime. I was so excited to have a day to spend relaxing and doing "me" stuff. I got up later than I usually do which was nice because my work schedule has trained me to wake up before 9, which used to be really early for me. But today I woke up at 10:30 and asked myself "What am I gonna do today?!" I knew the apartment needed to be cleaned and I needed to attend a meeting later in the afternoon. So I forced myself out of bed and was in a daze for a minute. I really had no idea what to with the few hours I had. I literally had to force myself to relax. I wanted to start cleaning right away and doing my normal duties. But I knew that I needed to sit and be calm. So I made my tea and food and watched tv. Then Sam Bam came home and we had a good girl chat. After that, I got dressed and started cleaning the apt. It looks so nice and fresh! And a special thanks to my boyfriend who came over (sleep deprived, mind you) and still helped me clean :)

These are two of my favorite verses about resting :)

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Psalm 73:26
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Be blessed my peeps!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.