Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Can Feel God Poking and Prodding Me...

...with a giant stick and He's stirring me all about. I could first felt it this Sunday when I was sitting in the church coffee shop eating my croissant and drinking my coffee. I noticed a lady sitting a chair or two away from me eating her donut quietly. I was busy with my phone, texting away when I suddenly felt the urge to talk to her. I sat quiet for a minute, not sure how to approach her or if I should even say hi. Then, suddenly, words started coming out of my mouth...like I was on auto pilot. I said, "Hi! How are you today?" And that was the start of our conversation. During our talk, she said that she had been invited to church while she attended the "toy run" at a local park the day before. The toy run was a holiday event where my church's motorcycle ministry served Christmas dinner to the underprivileged people in town and gave toys to children. Then, she asked me if there was someone she could talk to about getting new clothes and food for Christmas. I knew just who to introduce her to. After I brought her to one of the pastors, we said goodbye and I walked away...smiling. Later, my mom got her address and phone number so that we could keep in touch and check on her during the week. I was so glad that I talked with her because she might not have gotten introduced to the pastor and, in turn, not get any clothes/food for the holidays. And, as an even bigger bonus, no one else may have talked to her or shown her kindness. I think it would have been horrible if she came to our church and no one made the effort to introduce themselves because, as Christians, we sometimes become complacent and don't want to step out of our comfy world. But as I said, I can feel God poking at me saying, "Juana, I need you to do something". And I am sure glad He did! :) May you have a blessed day :)

4 comments:

Queen Gwennie said...

Yeah!! You passed!! You were obedient to God's calling - I mean poking and prodding! What a testimony. You go girl!!

Juana said...

Thanks, Gwen! When God calls we must answer :)

Toni said...

I am very proud of you, Juana! God has great things in store for you. He loves an obedient child!

Juana said...

Thanks, Mommy :) He has great things in store for you too! :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.