Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Recommendation: Stardust

I just watched a movie called Stardust and I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to recommend it to all of you! It had been sitting in my DVR list for about a month and I was really close to deleting it in order to free up space to record more media. My expectations weren't very high; I viewed it as mainly a kid's movie. But boy am I glad that I watched it!

Who's in it: Charlie Cox as Tristan; Claire Danes as Yvaine; Michelle Pfeiffer as Lamia

Here's the premise:
A young man, named Tristan, is born under magical circumstances and the movie follows his journey into manhood. Tristan tries to win the heart of a girl by fetching a fallen star for her. It turns out that the star is actually a woman who fell from the sky. As he takes the "star" named Yvaine to the girl who he wants to marry, he encounters a prince (or two) who wants the "star" for everlasting life. That way he can be king forever. Tristan also encounters a old witch who wants to eat the Yvaine's heart so she can be youthful and pretty. All the while Tristan is trying to get Yvaine to meet his would-be wife, but finds Yvaine is really in love with him. You can imagine all of the adventures and exciting things that come from Tristan's encounters.

Why I liked it:
I usually really enjoy action/adventure movies. I actually enjoyed the movie's run-time, which was about 2 hours. The movies didn't try to hard to please the young kids, but didn't try to be raunchy to appeal to adults, either. It was just a movie that we could all watch to have a good time. It was very funny; I laughed aloud many times. If you look hard for a lesson, you'll find one: "Love someone who accepts you for who you are".

Watch it and let me know how you like it! :)

Look me up on Facebook; I post more there too.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.