Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Visiting VA

As most of you probably already know, I attend Regent University in VA Beach, VA. I love love love it! The thing that you may not know is that I live in CA and take online classes. It has always been in my mind and on my heart that I would move to VA and attend on-campus classes. My plans to move last year were switched almost last minute...needless to say, I was heartbroken, but I knew it was the right decision. So this year, my sister, mom, and I decided to make the trip to Regent for their Preview Weekend. My sister is interested in attending Regent so the trip would be beneficial for the both of us. I really wanted to visit the student housing and visit with friends whom I had gotten to know over Facebook. And it was amaaaaaazzzzzing! :) We arrived on Thursday (A big thank you to my friend Isaac for picking us up!) and it was so amazing seeing the campus for the first time in 3 years! On Friday, we were able to attend programs that the university had set-up for prospective students (even though I already attend Regent ;) It was great getting to sit in on a Journalism class and being able to see how the on-campus classes operate! (And I shout out to my friend Josh Shook whom I met during the day). I met with the Dean of the Communications department and a professor who teaches some of the COMM classes. It was a great experience. Then, later on at the dinner we attended, the Dean's wife told me that I had a great face for television :) Woot woot! The next day, I explored the campus, which was amazing! I just fell in love! I wanted to cry, it is so beautiful! And I got to hang out with some more friends during the evening at the dorms and I got a feel for what it is like to live and breathe the Regent air :) And the next day, my mom and I explored the campus again. I just keep falling in love! I feel right at home and I'm so glad for that because I wanted to feel a deep connection with my school and my fellow students. I am super excited to join them full-time in August when I move. It'll be a big transition in my life, but I know that God is calling me to VA and to Regent. I can't wait! :)
Blessings!
Me in front of the amazing COMM Building
Me and Alex

The COMM Building

I love it here!

Mommy and me!

2 comments:

Queen Gwennie said...

Glad to know that you will be on campus this Fall and looking forward to it! I pray that all goes well for you!

Juana said...

Thank you for your encouragement and prayers, Gwen! :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.