Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What a Funny Little Plane Ride...Kinda

So my trip to VA has ended...I know...boooooooo! I can't wait to go back in August when I move. However, I was quite excited for the plane ride home for multiple reasons. The first is that I couldn't wait to get home! The second being that I love plane rides, plus free cookies, pretzels, and drinks :) (My snack of choice is usually pretzels and club soda). The third reason I was excited for the plane ride was that the movies/entertainment is free! And I had my Delta headphones from my last trip, so I didn't need to buy new ones. So my mom, sister, and I arrive at the airport earlier than needed so that we wouldn't have to run to the terminal to catch the plane. Good plan. When we got to our gate, what did we find? Delay. Of an hour. Greeeeaaaaat. But that gave us time to sit down and eat and nice lunch. I had a bagel sandwich...chicken parmagiana! Yuuuummmmmmy! :) I had been craving coffee since I woke up and was planning on grabbing something from Starbucks afterwards. So my mom and I leave Alex at the gate and walk to the closest Starbucks in the terminal. As I am making my order, my mom's phone rings...it is Alex saying that they were boarding the plane. So we ruuuuuuuuuuun back to the gate (And got many looks from people!). I'm now out of breath, but we've made the flight. Then, we had to sit on the runway for a while as the runway was crowded with other planes due to the rainy weather. We finally took off and I fell asleep. Next stop: New York! We made our connection in New York by mere minutes! And it just so happened that they gave our seats away to other people so we had to sit in different seats next to strangers! *gasp* And once again, we sat on the runway waiting for clearance to take off...for an hour! But I took advantage of the free entertainment! Woot woot! Tv shows, movies, and music galore! Our plane eventually took off and I enjoyed my snacks :) Coffee and cookies this time. I watched Sherlock Holmes and Young Victoria (I recommend both!). I also chatted with my neighbor who is a student in New York. At one point she asked me, "Isn't that your third cup of coffee?" Haha! And yes it was! I also had several packs of cookies…it’s amazing that I wasn’t running up and down the isle! After what seemed like a super long flight, we finally landed back in CA. Whew! I hadn't slept for the entire flight, which amazed me (it was those cookies and coffee)! But that plane ride was one of the most positive, fun ones that I ever had! So it really was a funny little plane ride...kinda :)

Blessings!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.