Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Complaining? Stop It!

Recently, I have contemplated, struggled, dealt, thought about (whatever have you) with complaining. I think I've been a big complainer. Wah this, Wah that...whine whine whine. I noticed that complaining was really dragging me down spiritually. Anything I have in this life is EXTRA. I really only need God's love and what He provides. So complaining only shows how ungrateful I am. We were at the store the other day and it took a really long time for the clerks to check me out of the line with my clothes. My usual self would stand there tapping my foot, constantly checking my phone to check the time, and gripping about how they could move faster. But really, I had no where to be, so what if it took 10 extra minutes to get out of the store? Then, I realized that I had SO MUCH MORE to be THANKFUL for. I'm so glad I have legs to walk around the store; I have arms to put the dress on; I have a mouth to verbalize how much I liked the dress; I have money to buy the dress; I have friends who went shopping with me; Grateful to be in a country where I can wear what I want...do you see where I'm going with this? God gives me so much! And here I am complaining about something trivial and stupid? No no no. I KNOW I can be more thankful and appreciative of the blessings God has given me :) Philippians 2:14-15 says, "Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world...". Thank you, sweet Lord, for this day :)

1 comment:

HizPrincess said...

Haha...Juana I can relate, my name is Emy Rodriguez and I am a complainer..eh-hem well former complainer. My cure came when I became "the slow clerk" or even better "the telemarketer". I was immediately humbled by both experiences. Never thought I would do "that" job but due to financial hardships...there I was, the shoe on the other foot. I realized that there are many contributing factors to a "slow line" and that it is not always the cashier's fault; even though we must maintain a customer is always right attitude; therefore if the customer said its my fault...then it was. Telemarketing made me cry for two reasons: 1) the way people spoke to me not knowing that the only way I was going to get paid was if they accepted my offer (and I REALLY needed the money) and 2) remembering all the times I spoke in that same manner to an undeserving person just trying to make a living. We do complain a lot and take much for granted when as you said "All we need is God". =)

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.