Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I Ordered




So I went a little insane on Amazon last night. Not money insane...I work too hard for my money to do that. I went insane looking at all of the stuff I *wanted* to buy. There is soooo many interesting things on Amazon. I am really started to become interested in Keri Smith's work. She is a writer and an artist and uses her unique skills to create books that the reader can interact with. I saw that Amazon had a boxed set with three of the books she has written. On a whim, I ordered the set instead of just the one book I was originally going to get. The three books are "Wreck This Journal", "Mess", and "This is Not a Book". I am SO excited to get them! And with my Amazon student status (Holla!), the books are being shipped to me sans shipping fees and in ONE day because of another special deal that Amazon tacked on :) As stated in my other blog post, I did order The Help and Water for Elephants. I haven't read books for pleasure in so long! It will be fun to spend crazy time with the interactive journals and also to have quiet tea time with the novels. Can you smell it folks?! It the smell of a booky summmmmmeeeerrrr!

P.S. I just had a freak out moment after remembering that I have to actually wreck the journal...uh oh ;)

2 comments:

Queen Gwennie said...

So I am not the only reading for pleasure this summer! I ordered Water for Elephants but have not read it yet. The Help I read when it first came out and I just had to contact the author. Kathryn Stockett seems pretty cool. I was born and raised in Mississippi so this story was already familiar to me. Great read! I dare not tell u what else I ordered - perhaps I will be brave and blog about it. We are still homeschooling and struggling with literature especially poetry. Yuck!

BTW-What are you and Christen doing to your journals?

Leila Mills said...

Oh my gosh! The Help is such a good book! I just finished it and I loved the story. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.