Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, April 9, 2011

First Day's Workout

I've been feeling quite down lately...nothing serious, just those pre-Spring blues. I'm usually cooped up inside doing schoolwork or working and haven't done anything super fun. Today at work, when I was feeling all melancholy, I decided that I wanted to go for a run once I finished at work. I used to be very good at working out and playing sports several times a week. I'm naturally petite and have a fast metabolism; weight has never been a big issue for me. After moving away to college, I gained 10 pounds, which isn't that big of a deal, but it points toward the fact that I don't eat as well as I used to and that I don't keep fit like before. So after work, I changed into my workout clothes, turned on my iPod, and headed out the door. I ran all the way around campus...I'm guessing about a mile and half. Once I finished running, I laid out on a big grass lawn to stretch and dance and just have some plain 'ol fun in the fresh air. The weather was amazing and I could hear the birds chirping. My body burned in pain, but it was a good pain :p I haven't felt that good in a while. It was so freeing! I loved it so much that I plan on working out outside every other day, weather and schedule permitting. I also want to pick up dance again as a form of exercise. I am so glad that God blessed me with that today! :)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.