Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beach Day


I've been wanting to go to the beach for a while now. Stephen and I went on Valentine's Day, but it was dark and windy and cold...still romantic though :) Yet, I wanted to go on a sunny day where I could lay on the sand and soak up the sun. I saw on weather.com that it was going to be 77 degrees in VA Beach, so I jumped at the chance to go. I got off of work early, called Stephen, and we planned to go. We stopped by Mickey D's and got snacks, then headed on the Interstate. I was using my phone's GPS to guide the way and for some odd reason, it led us on a different route. We drove the streets for a lot longer than I had anticipated. We laughed and laughed as we took detour after detour. We FINALLY found a parking space and didn't have to pay for a meter since it is still winter. I had to go to the bathroom so badly, so we rushed to the nearest store that would let me use their restroom. At Walgreens, Stephen bought me some Easter Peeps, which I prompting downed...delicious! We walked to the water and began to set down our towels when we discovered that it was reeeeeaaaalllly windy. We couldn't even sit down on our towels without the wind whipping sharp pieces of sand at our bodies. So, we attempted to endure the sand for a few minutes. Finally, we got up and packed up our stuff. Stephen and I decided to just walk on the oceanfront for a bit. It was really nice :) We played in the sand and drew our initials in the wet sand. I oooed and aaaaed at the babies and dogs that passed. After a while, we headed back to the car and drove home. The beach trip wasn't exactly what we had planned, but it was still amazing! God does amazing things!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.