Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

As Fall Gets Closer, I Reflect on Summer

Oh my goodness! Summer's almost over!!!! This calls for a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" But I am truly looking forward to Fall and Winter…even though I will miss my summer break. As we approach the coming Autumn season, I look back on what a wonderful summer I had. I visited the beach more than once (and more than twice!). I spent wonderful amounts of time with my family and friends! I blogged up a storm about all my summer activities! New friends were made and I was reacquainted with family members. Birthdays were celebrated (mine, Alex's, and my mom’s). I finished several books that I was reading. I got my driver's license...for those of you who didn't know, I didn't have it before. Overall, it was an amazing summer :) When summer first started, I made a list of things that I wanted to do over the summer. Here's the list and a rundown of whether or not I completed everything on it.

1. My 20th birthday :) Yay, bye bye teenage years...
- Of course I turned 20! :)
2. Look for a new job, one that'll help me build up my journalism and writing experience
- I sent out apps and looked online, but for now I'm still at my old job. There's a job fair coming up soon, so I pray that that will introduce a new job to me.
3. My sister's birthday
- Yepiddy do! My sister turned 17! She's still my little sister, though :)
4. Lots of beach days & a wedding (not my own :D but its gonna be fun!)
- I went to the beach three times and they were each amazing! I wiped out really bad during one trip and I was so dazed, but it was awesome! The wedding was fun, too! It gave me a chance to reflect on true love and got me excited for my own special day!
5. Try new things...let's see what they are... hehe
- Let's see...some new things...driving (oh yeah!), making new dinner recipes, new dance moves, playing RockBand, seeing a play on Broadway (it was my second show, actually, but it was still amazing!)...these are just a few ;)
6. My mom's birthday
- Yep, my mom has a summer birthday, too! We saw a scary movie on her birthday (of all things!), but it was so much fun!
7. Being a great friend to my friends and family, near and far...you know who you are! :)
- And yes, I believe that I was a great friend to all whom I love! I met new friends around the country. I was glad to have spread the love! And I'll continue doing so :)

Now, I'm going to have to make a "to-do" list for Fall! Wow, how time flies! Enjoy the end of summer my friends and look forward to Fall. God has new things in store for us!

Have a blessed day!
Here are some pics taken over the summer...Enjoy! :)
Alex and I at Six Flags on her birthday (you can tell which ride were about to get on!)

Alex and I on my birthday

Mommy and I at the beach

Alex, mommy, and I in front of the Pantages Theater for Legally Blonde: The Musical

1 comment:

Queen Gwennie said...

Summer was a blast but seasons come and seasons go. So must this time end. Looking forward to Fall. Hmm what will it hold?!?!?!?

The publisher/owner of this website, Juana Lopez, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.